safeguarding and wellbeing
Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs)
Mayfield College DSL
Mayfield Chestnut DSL
DT Cared for Children
Mayfield Chestnut Safeguarding Poster
Chestnut - Pupil Safeguarding
Mayfield College Safeguarding Poster
College - Student Safeguarding
Mayfield School Safeguarding Poster
School - Pupil Safeguarding
Parents Safeguarding Flyers
Useful safeguarding guide for parents of children attending Mayfield School
Parents / employees
Useful safeguarding guide for parents of children attending Mayfield school, who are also employees
Child Protection Policy and principals of information for Parents and Pupils.
The Child protection policy is one of a series in the school’s integrated safeguarding portfolio. (this includes safer Recruitment policy, Staff Conduct policy, Managing Allegations Against Staff policy, Behaviour and Physical Intervention policy, Intimate Care policy, Whistleblowing policy, Listening to Children guidelines, social networking policy, acceptable internet use policy,
The school’s safeguarding arrangements are inspected by Ofsted under the judgements for behaviour and safety, and leadership and management.
This policy is available on the school website and is included in the staff handbook, volunteers’ handbook and in the classroom safeguarding folder.
Our core safeguarding principles are:
- The school’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children is of paramount importance
- Safer children make more successful learners
- Representatives of the whole school community will be involved in the development and review of policies i.e. pupil’s, staff, parents, governors
- Policies will be reviewed at least annually unless an incident or new legislation or guidance suggests the need for an interim review.
Child Protection statement
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
The procedures contained in this policy apply to all staff and governors and are consistent with those of the Torbay Safeguarding Children Partnership (TSCP)
Torbay Education Safeguarding Service works in partnership with schools to promote the welfare of children and young people, and to ensure they are safe from harm.
As part of their work they will receive information from partner agencies, such as the police and social care. If it is considered in the interest of the child or young person, this information will be shared with the school. If information is shared, this will be in accordance with the key principles of the Data Protection Act and be on a need to know basis, and will only occur to help schools protect and promote the welfare of your son or daughter. When there is any sharing of information, schools should discuss this with you to enable a partnership approach to meeting the needs of your son or daughter.
If you have any questions about the service please ask your school, or telephone the Torbay Education Safeguarding Service on 01803 393857
- The welfare of the child is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support
- To provide all staff with the necessary information to enable them to meet their child protection responsibilities
- To ensure consistent good practice
- To demonstrate the school’s commitment with regard to child protection to pupils, parents and other partners
- To contribute to the school’s safeguarding portfolio